Dear LFES Families,
Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year and welcome to Las Flores Elementary! If this is your first year at LFES, I would like to extend a very warm welcome to each of you. If you’re a returning LFES family, I know that you are as excited as we are to be starting the school year up again. As PTA president, I am looking forward to working in partnership with our new principal, Mrs. Wiseman, our amazing teachers, and our invaluable school staff to provide an excellent educational opportunity for our children.
I encourage each and every one of you to become a part of our team. The number-one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. Other advantages include:
- By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- By volunteering with your PTA, you’ll gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use, for a good cause.
- By getting involved at LFES you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes.
- PTA functions provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss education and parenting issues that are on your mind.
- The PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, attend the PTA Association meetings throughout the year to make suggestions and provide your input.
Through volunteer and fundraising efforts, LFES PTA provides a variety of enrichment programs and resources to our students, with an emphasis on those that have been affected by budget cuts. These nclude: Primary Music, Art Masters, field trips, classroom technology, classroom supplies, playground
equipment, library books and much more. LFES PTA also continues to create and implement support programs such as the Reflections Art Contest, Parent Corps, Fit Cubs, Bully Prevention, Reader Leader, Red Ribbon Week, and Campus Beautification.
Be in the know! – Check out www.lfespta.com for up to date information on all PTA sponsored activities and events. Also keep an eye out for the Cub Communication Flyer sent in the Friday folder each week.
Please join us for the 3rd annual Back to School Ice Cream Social & PTA info night, Friday September 11th 2015 from 5-7 pm in the MPR. It will be a great time to come together and celebrate a new school year. I hope to see you there!