You can support LFES PTA while doing the things you are already doing this summer. Here are 3 ways to help us earn “free” money, each takes just a few minutes of your time.
Update Your Shopping Link
Are you an Amazon shopper? Log in through www.AmazonSmile.com and select 5343 Las Flores Elementary as your charitable organization, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to our school whenever you shop AmazonSmile.
Collect Box Tops
Clip and save Box Tops for Education. We raised over $1,100 last year alone through Box Tops donations! Box Tops can be found on hundreds of products, and each is worth 10 cents. Simply clip & save these labels all summer, and stay tuned for our collection drive announcement in the fall.
Save Your Recyclables
We will collect them for recycling during Water Bottle Wednesdays when school resumes.
Do you have a passion for recycling? Are you available for an hour one Wednesday morning each month? If so, please click here to contact us. We are seeking parent volunteers to help us with this program next year.
Year in a Review
Happy summer! As we reflect on the many ways LFES PTA was able to enrich our Cubs during the school year, we want to say thank you for your annual PTA membership and for participating in our programs and fundraisers. This past year, LFES PTA provided:
- Primary Music
- Art Masters
- Field trips ~ Each grade-level teaching team chose an onsite or offsite experience to support curriculum.
- Hands-on Classroom Science ~ Projects to support grade-level curriculum
- Arts Opportunities ~ PTA Reflections contest & Gallery Night, Yearbook Cover contest, Bookmark Design contest
- Community Building ~ Family nights, Spring Carnival, LFES spirit wear
- Reading ~ Helping students develop a daily reading habit through the Reader Leader program, Read Across America Week, Celebration Books and book fairs.
- Character Building ~ Cool 2B Kind activities, Red Ribbon Week, and Walk to School Day to encourage healthy habits. Blue Ribbon Week for character awareness. Pajama Day (“Wear a Pair/Bring a Pair”) community giving opportunity.
- Learning Tools ~ Agenda/planners (grades 3-5) and homework folders (grades TK-2) to build organization skills and effective study habits
- Teacher Support ~ Teacher stipends, Teacher Appreciation Week & luncheons.
Your Membership Matters
Your $20 PTA membership provides you with an opportunity to get involved in your child’s education, support great school-wide programs and connect with other families throughout our school community.
Membership is an easy, fast way to support the amazing school programs that the PTA funds; there is no obligation to volunteer or attend meetings.