If you missed out on getting a yearbook there’s still a chance! We still have a few 2019-2020 LFES Yearbooks available, but they are limited.
If you’re interested in ordering, please contact our Yearbook Chairperson Danielle
for more information.
Year in a Review
Happy summer! As we reflect on the many ways LFES PTA was able to enrich our Cubs during the school year, we want to say thank you for your annual PTA membership and for participating in our programs and fundraisers. This past year, LFES PTA provided:
- Cyber Cafe
- Art Masters
- Field trips ~ Each grade-level teaching team chose an onsite or offsite experience to support curriculum.
- Hands-on Classroom Science ~ Projects to support grade-level curriculum
- Arts Opportunities ~ PTA Reflections contest & Gallery Night, Yearbook Cover contest, Bookmark Design contest
- Community Building ~ Family nights, LFES spirit wear
- Reading ~ Helping students develop a daily reading habit through the Reader Leader program, Read Across America Week, Celebration Books and book fairs.
- Character Building ~ Cool 2B Kind activities, Red Ribbon Week, and Walk to School Day to encourage healthy habits. Blue Ribbon Week for character awareness. Pajama Day (“Wear a Pair/Bring a Pair”) community giving opportunity.
- Learning Tools ~ Agenda/planners (grades 3-5) and homework folders (grades TK-2) to build organization skills and effective study habits
- Teacher Support ~ Teacher stipends, Teacher Appreciation Week & luncheons.
Although the LFES PTA site may include links providing direct access to other Internet sites, LFES PTA has not participated in the development of those other sites, and does not exert any editorial or other control over those sites. The linking to or from this site does not imply on the part of CUCPTSA any guarantee of quality, assumption of liability or endorsement of the organizations maintaining external Websites.
CUSD School-Connected Organization
As a school-connected organization, we must follow the same Constitutional guidelines related to student fees that mandate all schools and districts provide a public education to your student free of charge. Subject to certain exceptions, your right to a free public education means that neither the school nor its support organizations can require you or your family to purchase materials, supplies, equipment or specific uniforms for any school activity, nor can we require you or your family to pay security deposits or make donations in order to participate in the program. All donations are strictly voluntary and greatly appreciated as we work to support our schools and programs!