Welcome to the Las Flores Elementary School PTA Website
Spirit Packets Now Available
- The LFES PTA Spirit Packet includes PTA membership information, activities waivers, student directory and volunteer interest forms, and simple one-stop-shopping. Print the forms here and the summary form here.
- You can become a PTA member, reserve a 2017-2018 special edition yearbook, order a Celebration Book for your child’s birthday, shop for 20th Anniversary Spirit Wear, and even advertise your business in our student directory — and write just ONE check to cover everything.
- Return your completed Spirit Packet to school by September 5, and your family will be entered in a drawing for a reserved parking spot at Back-to-School Night!
- Each family only needs to complete ONE Spirit Packet.
- Questions? Contact LFES PTA president Danielle Pedersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LFES 20th Anniversary Spirit Wear
- Celebrate the 20th year of LFES with our special edition SPIRIT WEAR! T-shirts, sweatshirts, baseball tees and canvas bags all with the 20th anniversary logo!
- Look for the Spirit Wear Order Form in your PTA Spirit Packet. Order now through September 29th! Spirit wear will be delivered to your child’s classroom.
- Look for LFES Spirit Days coming in September and throughout the year.
- Questions? Need more information or additional sizes? Contact Jenni Olson, PTA Spirit Wear Volunteer.
Reflections Entries due October 9
- Categories include: Visual Arts, Literature, Dance Choreography, Film Production, and Music Composition.
- The 2017-2018 theme is “Within Reach”.
- All participants will be invited to attend an awards night where entries will be displayed and recognized.
- For specific guidelines visit, http://capta.org/programs-events/reflections/general-rules/ or contact Kendra Hada, LFES Reflections Chair with further questions.
Collect Box Tops for Education
- We raised over $1,100 last year alone through Box Tops donations! Box Tops can be found on hundreds of products, and each is worth 10 cents.
- Simply clip & save these labels all summer, and stay tuned for our collection drive announcement in the fall:
- Earn Bonus Box Tops credits with the Box Tops for Education Bonus App, in-store specials at your favorite grocery store, and at www.boxtops4education.com.
Update your Amazon Account!
- Are you an Amazon shopper? Log in through www.AmazonSmile.com and select 5343 Las Flores Elementary as your charitable organization, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to our school whenever you shop AmazonSmile.
Download The Communities for Cause App
- The Communities for Cause app allows you to register purchases from participating local merchants (including Selma’s Chicago Pizzeria and Sport Clips) and online merchants (including Groupon), who will donate up to 10% of your subtotal back to our school.
- Designate Las Flores Elementary School when you log in, and register your purchases by submitting a photo of your receipt or shopping through the online marketplace.
- For more information, visit www.communitiesforcause.com.
For more information about LFES PTA, visit www.lfespta.com, or contact PTA president Danielle Pedersen. We welcome your input and participation!
Although the LFES PTA site may include links providing direct access to other Internet sites, LFES PTA has not participated in the development of those other sites, and does not exert any editorial or other control over those sites. The linking to or from this site does not imply on the part of LFES PTA any guarantee of quality, assumption of liability, or endorsement of the organizations maintaining external websites.
CUSD school-connected organization:
As a school-connected organization, we must follow the same Constitutional guidelines related to student fees that mandate all schools and districts provide a public education to your student free of charge. Subject to certain exceptions, your right to a free public education means that neither the school nor its support organizations can require you or your family to purchase materials, supplies, equipment or specific uniforms for any school activity, nor can we require you or your family to pay security deposits or make donations in order to participate in the program. All donations are strictly voluntary and greatly appreciated as we work to support our schools and programs!