Welcome to the Las Flores Elementary School PTA Website
A YEAR IN REVIEW
Happy summer! As we reflect on the many ways LFES PTA was able to enrich our Cubs during the school year, we want to say thank you for your annual PTA membership and for participating in our programs and fundraisers. This past year, LFES PTA provided:
- Primary Music education
- Art Masters lessons
- Field trips: each grade-level teaching team chose an onsite or offsite experience to support curriculum
- Hands-on classroom science projects to support grade-level curriculum
- Arts opportunities: PTA Reflections contest & Gallery Night, Yearbook Cover contest, Bookmark Design contest, Kindness essay contest, Talent Show
- Community building: family nights, Spring Carnival, LFES spirit wear
- Reading: helping students
develop a daily reading habit through the Reader Leader program, Read Across America Week, Celebration Books & book fairs
- Character building: Cool 2B Kind activities and “the chair” assembly; Red Ribbon Week & Walk to School Day to encourage healthy habits; Blue Ribbon Week for character awareness; Pajama Day (“Wear a Pair/Bring a Pair”) community giving opportunity.
- Learning tools: Agenda/planners (grades 3-5) and homework folders (grades TK-2) to build organization skills and effective study habits
- Teacher support: teacher stipends, Teacher Appreciation Week & luncheons.
CALLING ALL STUDENT ARTISTS!
- Students are invited to get their CREATIVITY going and participate in PTA Reflections! This is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the theme, create a work of art, and share it with our school.
- The 2017-2018 contest theme is “Within Reach” and students can create a piece of art in any of the following categories: Visual Arts, Literature, Dance Choreography, Film Production, Photography, or Music Composition.
- Entries will be due this fall. Stay tuned for more details! For specific entry guidelines, visit www.capta.
org. Questions? Click here to contact LFES PTA Reflections chairperson Kendra Hada.
4 EASY WAYS TO
SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL
You can support LFES PTA while doing the things you are already doing this summer. Here are 4 ways to help us earn “free” money — each takes just a few minutes of your time.
1) Update Your Shopping Link-
2) Download This App
- The Communities for Cause app allows you to register purchases from participating local merchants (including Selma’s Chicago Pizzeria and Sport Clips) and online merchants (including Groupon), who will donate up to 10% of your subtotal back to our school.
- Designate Las Flores Elementary School when you log in, and register your purchases by submitting a photo of your receipt or shopping through the online marketplace.
- For more information, visit www.communitiesforcause.
3) Collect Box Tops
- Clip and save Box Tops for Education. We raised over $1,100 last year alone through Box Tops donations! Box Tops can be found on hundreds of products, and each is worth 10 cents. Simply clip & save these labels all summer, and stay tuned for our collection drive announcement in the fall:
- To earn Bonus Box Tops credits, use the Box Tops for Education Bonus App, watch for in-store specials at your favorite grocery store, or visit www.boxtops4education.
4) Save Empty Water Bottles
- We will collect them for recycling during Water Bottle Wednesdays when school resumes.
- Do you have a passion for recycling? Are you available for an hour one Wednesday morning each month? If so, please click here to contact us. We are seeking parent volunteers to help us with this program next year.
Save The Date-
August 25: ICE CREAM SOCIAL
The LFES PTA back-to-school ice cream social will be on Friday, August 25, 5-7pm, in the multi-purpose room.
Although the LFES PTA site may include links providing direct access to other Internet sites, LFES PTA has not participated in the development of those other sites, and does not exert any editorial or other control over those sites. The linking to or from this site does not imply on the part of LFES PTA any guarantee of quality, assumption of liability, or endorsement of the organizations maintaining external websites.
CUSD school-connected organization: